March 28, 2024, 04:58:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can V Collection (V2 or V3) run from an external drive  (Read 2771 times)

smythrocks

Can V Collection (V2 or V3) run from an external drive
« on: February 26, 2013, 12:21:24 pm »
I purchased V2 several years ago and it is on a Win7 desktop. I had thought about trying to transfer licenses (the whole dongle mess) but have decided that it may me less of a hassle to just purchase V3 and start from scratch on my MacBook Pro. (the Mac is brandnew). The problem I have is that my MBP is almost full up I have about 165 gig left of space on it. I would like to know if I can run V3 from a USB 3 external drive. Or at the very least install the the "operating"part of the software on the MBP and the samples on the external drive. I have had a ticket in with Arturia for this issue and I get a response about every few days. I'm not sure if the technician understands my question or simply does not know the answer or is just blowin' smoke in my face. I don't think this is a complicated question. Either I can run it or not. I'm certainly not going to purchase an expensive high speed drive as well as purchase a new version of the V Collection only to find that it doesn't work.

On a different note. it is shameful that the user experience is marred by such inadeqate support. I have spent countless hours on this forum and I am amazed at how many questions go unanswered. It is also very obvious to me that a large number of users have experienced trouble working with Arturias anal software protection. While the software in itself is very good, I would think Arturia would not be able to sustain their business model over the longer haul. This is one of the reasons I have stayed away from soft synths. Korg, Roland and Yamaha offfer much faster and accurate assistance.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines