March 28, 2024, 11:34:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2543 times)

Moped10

Hello!
« on: December 13, 2012, 08:48:11 pm »
Hiya fellow Minibrutists! I've always played Mgs (currently a Yoyager Old School), and was excited to pick up an alternative that had plenty of its OWN sonic character- Since getting the Minibrute last Summer, I've gigged with it for tight space shows, and recorded alot with it, by itself, or in tandem with the Mg- Here's an example of an ALL Minibrute (plus drum machine) song I did a while back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKrQttpNhMc&list=UU0v_sZ_UuGFkdLH9kYZYqsg&index=6

BUT! Unfortunately, my Minibrute has suddenly gone fritzy! I can't figure out what's causing my issues, but here they are:
1) can't change octaves, indicator lights out
2) can't change rate of LFO
3) can't change tempo of arpeggiator
4) when clock set to arpeg, keyboard only responds randomly- when set to free, keyboard performs properly
5) when powering on, no lights or any indication of power until 5+ minutes of being on, then tempo light of arpeg is first to come on, then synth functions as described above

problems all occured at the same time, during studio use- power supply is marked to avoid wrong supply being used- when used live, have transported it in its original box with styro buffers...

I've submitted a case with Arturia, but was curious if any of you fellow users have had anything bizarre like this happen to them...?

thanks!
Seth

Moped10

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 08:39:44 pm »
thanks to some tech support coaching, all is well! (hmm I feel like I'm talking to myself here...) anyway, IF things get squirrely for you, fellow minibrutist, before weeping, try disassembling and reassembling- loose connections beget problems such as I experienced- au revoir!

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 08:59:10 am »
Open it up and see if any cables came loose? Don't unscrew the big screws in the middle of the bottom plate, just the ones around the edge.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines