March 28, 2024, 07:40:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Novation Zero SL Template for Spark  (Read 3111 times)

punkdSICO

Novation Zero SL Template for Spark
« on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:35 pm »
Hey all - Ive mentioned a few times that I find Spark's interface VERY fustrating as the knobs are hardwired for live use, rather than studio use where u are more likely going to editing the the instruments rather than riding Pan etc (would anyone ever ride the pan, even playing live??!!)

So, here it is:

http://www.punkdisco.co.uk/misc/gear/novation/pdHardSID4U.automap

Its over 4 pages, covering 2 instruments per page with all 16 mutes/solos available on all pages.  Volume sliders are limited to 0db so you dont blow your speakers!

Obviously it only covers instruments 1-8 but at least now I can actually edit the sounds!

Hopefully soon a Spark update will make my template redundant, allowing the controller to edit all 6 instrument params rather than the current 3..  Fingers crossed xxxx

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Text SLUT to: 29 7 29 7
Here’s the video:  www.youtu.be/Zl0PTZKy7fg
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Text SLUT to: 29 7 29 7
Here’s the video:  www.youtu.be/Zl0PTZKy7fg

TinyVince

• Apprentice
Re: Novation Zero SL Template for Spark
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 03:22:18 pm »
Hallo Paul

Thats not what i mean. In this case i use the sparksoftware demo in cubase 5.5xxx in cant find a value in the list below the scrollscreen of my automapserver.
Not for "select" and not for the 16 stepbuttons on the top from spark. ( the sparksoftware detected as spark.automap VSTi)And learn its not possible i think!
As standaloneapplication running ( PC ) i press "Strg" and hit the drumpads with the mousepointer to example ( or mute and so on...) its open a learnmode.
But the same process with the selectbutton or the 16 stepbuttons on the top its not possible to learn anything!!!!! Not as automapunit or standalone!!
Which data send these elements if you press it on the hardware to a sequencer??? Maybe a sysexstring????

Thanks for your answer Paul!!

vaikl

Re: Novation Zero SL Template for Spark
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:41:21 am »
TinyVince, there are several elements on the controller surface and in the Spark software that are not MIDI-mapable, neither with MIDI notes nor via CC. Only if you have the hardware controller you can switch into MIDI mode and use the Spark MIDI controller editor to get full control over all elements. Think of the controller as a hardware dongle for this kind of usage.

@punkdSICO: Fine work, will try it in the next days  8)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines