October 07, 2022, 05:12:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums



Author Topic: Would you like a Synthex emulation ??  (Read 24432 times)

omissis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 369
  • Karma: 1
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« on: March 04, 2006, 12:24:38 pm »
I feel it's a device that deserves to be ported to software and, in a way, it's easier to code than the previous synths made by Arturia ..what do you think about ?
Max

a CS-80Vist

poropat

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: 2
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 01:30:27 pm »
Definitively yes for a synthex emulation :D
VCollection 8

omissis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 369
  • Karma: 1
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 01:36:18 pm »
Merci Georges :!:   :!:  :!:   :wink:  .... hope I won't be asking you some Synthex examples :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Max

a CS-80Vist

poropat

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: 2
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 03:57:56 pm »
you are welcome  :D
VCollection 8

Sweep

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 243
  • Karma: 7
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 02:48:45 pm »
I haven't heard the Synthex, to my knowledge, but I remember when it was originally around and it sounded like a synth worth checking out, from the reviews it got.

I think one of the great things about these Arturia emulations is that they put rare and hard to get synths into many people's hands. The Synthex sounds like a good candidate from that point of view so long as it'd be commercially viable. I think J-M Jarre may have used it? - which should make it appeal to a wider audence.

I'd also like Arturia to do a Jupiter 8, or even better, a combined Jupiter 8 and Jupiter 6, as I believe there were some differences in sound between the two.

What I'd really like to see, actually is Arturia make the transition from being a small company with brilliant products that they can just about support and add to by stretching their resources (that's the impression I have), to being a larger company wth the same level of brilliance and the resources to work on creating several new synths and also refining their existing products to make them even better than they are now.

omissis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 369
  • Karma: 1
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 05:34:59 pm »
Quote from: "Sweep"
I haven't heard the Synthex, to my knowledge, but I remember when it was originally around and it sounded like a synth worth checking out, from the reviews it got.

I think one of the great things about these Arturia emulations is that they put rare and hard to get synths into many people's hands. The Synthex sounds like a good candidate from that point of view so long as it'd be commercially viable. I think J-M Jarre may have used it? - which should make it appeal to a wider audence.


Yes , Jarre used it all over "Rendez-vous" ( do you remember "Laser Harp" ? It was Synthex! ), moreover I think it could be a great tribute , and could get the support from the genius of Mario Maggi, the developer of the Synthex

Quote from: "Sweep"
I'd also like Arturia to do a Jupiter 8, or even better, a combined Jupiter 8 and Jupiter 6, as I believe there were some differences in sound between the two.


Do you think that Roland, after having implemented a JP8 emulation on their own VariOS ( named VariOS-8 ) will give them the right to use the name? I tried the 8 and the 6 and, even being very good synths they sounded nothing smashing to me... :?

Quote from: "Sweep"
What I'd really like to see, actually is Arturia make the transition from being a small company with brilliant products that they can just about support and add to by stretching their resources (that's the impression I have), to being a larger company wth the same level of brilliance and the resources to work on creating several new synths and also refining their existing products to make them even better than they are now.


I think that , the better their ideas of promoting their software they make ( and protection dongles are not a good idea, better to give good care and support to their users ), the better the company itself will develope. On the side of synthesizers I think that a first good move could be to port their synths also to Linux OS, because, after all, Linux has a stability that Windows will never reach, more it's more configurable for the needs of musicians and its kernel can be reduced to a minimum configuration to support musical instruments , and could be as fast as Windows and even faster despite dedicated drivers.I know that CS80V for example works well as a VST (although some GUI problems ), but to have a full compatible version can be a dream came true! A crowd of Linux users is waiting for their instruments....
Max

a CS-80Vist

omissis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 369
  • Karma: 1
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 06:04:49 pm »
PS: DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!
Max

a CS-80Vist

Didz@dron

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
  • Karma: 0
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 06:34:32 pm »
I voted yes even if I have never touched a synthex in all my life. Well, same thing regarding the former vintage emulations  :oops: (I come from the 6 string world)
As far as the dongle is concerned, I don't think it was a bad idea to implement it. It seems to be the best copy protection at the present time and avoiding piracy is also one of the issues that can make Arturia even stronger on the software market. Just my point of view  :)

By the way, who tried the brand new prophet ? Any comment yet ?
d(*O*)b

omissis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 369
  • Karma: 1
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 10:04:29 pm »
Dizadron
For a nice review of the ELKA Synthex

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec99/articles/elka.htm

About the dongles I won't be giving them a damn until they will become a problem rather than a purchase proof :wink:
Max

a CS-80Vist

Didz@dron

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 149
  • Karma: 0
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 11:08:13 pm »
Wow, that's another beast, thanks Italy  :wink:
d(*O*)b

GeeBee

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 37
  • Karma: 0
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 01:32:04 am »
yes all famous vintage synth are interesting for me :D
but without dongle  :wink:

But first I would prefer a Synthi, even if I found one for Reaktor.
be creative

poropat

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 168
  • Karma: 2
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 08:07:07 am »
for a synthi, the Synthi AVS from EMS Rehberg is not bad at all.
http://www.emsrehberg.de/SYNTHI__s/synthi__s.html
VCollection 8

drbach

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • Karma: 0
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 10:18:48 am »
Synthex, yes, yes, it would be very great, I am waiting for this.

GeeBee

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 37
  • Karma: 0
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 10:19:54 am »
Quote from: "poropat"
for a synthi, the Synthi AVS from EMS Rehberg is not bad at all.
http://www.emsrehberg.de/SYNTHI__s/synthi__s.html

I know but it's a SE synth and expansive as a SE synth.
It use lot of CPU  :?
The one for Reaktor eat less CPU.
I hope to find one without reaktor engine, more optimized than SE. That's why I ask Arturia for a synthi. If it's not Arturia, maybe Gmedia :D
be creative

GeeBee

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 37
  • Karma: 0
Would you like a Synthex emulation ??
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 10:37:35 am »
another thing I want is an hardware piece :

like creamware system or UAD, but not proprietary, open to all VST, I would like a DSP card which could help the CPU.
Charge on CPU become a real problem : VSTi are better but use more and more CPU because they become more complex and have a better sound definition (= lot of data for CPU). In the same time, CPU power doesn't grow enough nowadays. We must find a solution. It's not practical to use the freeze function or mixdown.  :idea:
be creative

 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines