March 28, 2024, 03:36:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Poll

Are you happy with Arturia customer support?

No
10 (71.4%)
Yes
2 (14.3%)
Neutral
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: October 29, 2005, 09:56:45 am

Author Topic: Are you happy with Arturia customer support?  (Read 10333 times)

MarkEdmonds

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« on: October 29, 2005, 09:56:45 am »
I think Arturia don't understand what a paying customer is so I've set up this little poll in the hope of drawing attention to the subject.

Please vote!

Since I bought the Vintage Pack, I have run into some major problems with the MiniMg v1.5 and Mg Modular v2.

I reported these problems to Arturia.

Although I did receive an initial e-mail from them with a case number and in the case of the MiniMg bugs, there was a simple initial e-mail exchange, I HAVE HEARD NOTHING BACK.

Not being very happy about this, I checked the FogBugz records to find out what was happening only to see that they were marked CLOSED.

CLOSED? Why wasn't I told? Why didn't I get any feedback about the bugs I reported?

I didn't know the cases were marked "closed" so I had been sitting here, hoping to get a reply from Arturia saying "we've found the bug and it will be fixed in the next patch release" or "try this please.." etc..

So, Arturia, are you supporting your products and supporting your paying customers or are you just closing the bugs they report?

May I remind you that the paying customer is a vital commodity for you to protect because WE GIVE YOU MONEY. If you don't help us when things go wrong or just plain ignore us, WE STOP GIVING YOU MONEY.

Simple equation.

I am extremely unhappy with my Vintage Pack purchase. Two synths simply do not work correctly and the level of support I received has been nearly zero.

If the Vintage Pack was a hardware purchase, I would have returned it for a full refund. Because software developers can get away with anything in their licence agreement, I cannot do this but if Arturia would care to offer me a refund of the amount I paid for the Vintage Pack, I would willingly return the manuals, CDs and registration card and delete all the files off my DAW.

At the moment, I feel ripped off by a company that has taken my money and run away.

Please vote if you are happy or not with Arturia's customer support.

Thank you,

Mark

omissis

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 12:56:53 pm »
mark
I can't agree with you completely because since I got my CS-80V I was very happy with the assistance, I had minor problems with my installation but I always had a fast enough response from the guys.
I don't know your specific problem , anyway consider they're few people and each one's working on many things so I don't think there is a specific person for servicing. Please give them  a little more time or submit your problem to the forum subscribers and you'll get a faster response maybe  :wink:
Max

a CS-80Vist

Didz@dron

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 04:03:35 pm »
Quote from: "omissis"
mark
I can't agree with you completely because since I got my CS-80V I was very happy with the assistance, I had minor problems with my installation but I always had a fast enough response from the guys.
I don't know your specific problem , anyway consider they're few people and each one's working on many things so I don't think there is a specific person for servicing. Please give them  a little more time or submit your problem to the forum subscribers and you'll get a faster response maybe  :wink:

Yep, they're not that many therefore it's hard to get a fast reply from the arturia team. Besides there have been lots of music instrument meetings lately. Ok, some software companies are more responsive but they haven't released such stunning vintage synth emulations I'd say. And let's not forget that the innovative Brass must keep much of their attention.
Let's be patient  :)
d(*O*)b

MarkEdmonds

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 10:45:33 pm »
Yes, I hear what you are saying about them being a small company and I am sympathetic towards that. Believe it or not, I am not an unreasonable person and understand the possible issues involved.

What period of time would you consider acceptible for solving a support issue or even replying to one? One week? Two weeks? At what point would you start getting angry about it and feel the need to make a bit of noise? Three weeks? Four weeks? Five weeks? Six weeks?

Mark

Maratin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 11:26:55 pm »
I do also agree with you that Arturia might be a little company and therefore not able to deal with each problem quickly.
BUT!
If I bought a program like Storm 3, I can expect them to send me at least my unlock key perhaps 5 days after I did submit the required textfile!
At the moment, I cannot use it because my trial period expired :x  This is ridiculous!
And I do not talk about serious technical issues, just registration!

MarkEdmonds

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 03:23:50 pm »
Maratin - have you voted? If not, please vote for the response that best fits your feelings.

BTW, I am still waiting for Arturia to respond to effectively, three separate support issues concerning MiniMg and Mg Modular. Could be SEVEN weeks now since I raised the original support requests.

Mark

Maratin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I do not care anymore!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 05:02:04 pm »
I just wanted to add that I do not really care about their support anymore...
As I recently started to get a little deeper into Storm 3 on my Mac, I have found some interesting things...
At the moment, I am just interested whether they send me my key at all, which I, by the way, paid for... But if they don't, I don't care either 8)
Apart from this, I am of course NOT satisfied with this kind of support!
I am quite sure, that they do not have anyone who regularly tries to solve these problems, they seem (as already mentioned) to have outsourced their support...

MDesigner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 03:47:13 am »
Support is horrible.  I submitted a trouble ticket a week or so ago.. nothing.  It's a ghost-town.  And I have a deadline soon, and get this.. I bought the CS-80V at Guitar Center Pro.  Bad disc.. one computer won't read it at all.  My laptop will read all files except the wav.dat file (CRC error).  So I took it back.. got another CD.. same CRC error, same file!!  Apparently Arturia burned a whole batch of these incorrectly, and I'm stuck without a working copy.

I'm really quite upset that no one has responded to my support request.

GRRRR!!!  I meant to click "No" on the poll but clicked Yes by accident.

MarkEdmonds

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 10:02:58 am »
And so far, no response from Arturia to this thread?  :shock:

This lack of reply implies that not only is there no real support, they aren't bothered by this state of affairs either.

Most unprofessional.

Mark

Maratin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 11:56:17 am »
I just wanted to add that I received my key recently and they also managed to change the spelling of my name in their database in order to avoid any future problems.
I must admit that this was far more than I expected and I really appreciate this, although it took them quite some time...
So, thank you Arturia!

MarkM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 07:21:30 pm »
I'm neutral because I have had very little problems with Mg Mod V2. I had a couple of questions a year ago and they answered them. I wish they were more active on this forum, however.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines