March 28, 2024, 11:53:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No Joy with Cubase LE4, help?  (Read 2258 times)

zonzie

No Joy with Cubase LE4, help?
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:17:19 pm »
Hi folks, i'm new to the forum so greetings and all that..

Please excuse the long message, its only so detailed because i'm trying to be exact for you.

..my issue is getting the factory to work in Cubase. I'm very close with it, i've put the dll file into the VST plugins folder in Steinberg, and i've updated my vst folder in Cubase so it now shows with all the Halion stuff and internal effects. I'm using a TASCAM US-1641 (bit dated but works ok)
I've opened an instrument track, and selected the Analog factory. It then opens up the Factory synth image, similar to that which would show if you were just opening the factory on its own. I can choose a sound/preset on this, and i can play some sounds using the hardware keyboard, AND it comes out my speakers which are running from my Tascam US-1641. However, there's no registering of any sound within Cubase itself. The red lines dont go up which tell you midi is recognised as on or off, and i dont get anything in terms of volume/signal on the track itself.

Also, when i click on the place which brings up the preset menu for Analog Factory, there are no other options or sub folders. If i were to choose Halion for example, you get the subfolders 'Synth, Percussion, Strings..' etc So it seems its not playing because nothing has been 'chosen' apart from the very general option 'Analog Factory'

Do i need to add more dll files to the Steinberg folder?

If anyone can help its greatly appreciated. Its driving me nuts i've had it for 2 weeks and no joy yet  >:(!

Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines