March 28, 2024, 03:31:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Keyboard compatability?  (Read 7059 times)

BlindDog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI Keyboard compatability?
« on: November 30, 2005, 02:10:42 pm »
Will the M-Audio Radium 61 or the Edirol PCR-M50 MIDI keyboard controllers work with the ARP 2600V?  They are USB/MIDI controllers.

What keyboards do you support or would you reccommend?

Sweep

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 12:53:12 am »
I don't know how much this helps, but I'm currently controlling all the Arturia softsynths with a Mg Voyager, which works beautifully.

I also tried a Technics KN750, which is failry old (1990s I think) with the Modular V, and I didn't notice any problems, though I didn't really put the software through its paces with that keyboard.

BlindDog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 07:23:57 pm »
Well, I bit the bullit and took a chance and Bought a Edirol PCR-80.  It does seem to work with the 2600V, but I have a latency problem.  Press a key... note appears a good 250ms afterwards.  Makes it pretty difficult to play a tune.  Suggestions?  I'm going through the USB interface .

BlindDog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 05:36:41 pm »
I just installed the ASIO4 as per the message relating to latency on the guitar synth, and it works fine now.  Link below.

http://www.asio4all.com

Sweep

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 06:20:43 pm »
I'm not an expert on soundcards, but I think BlindDog's is sound advice. ASIO seems to be the key to zero latency.

I have an RME Hammerfall 9632, which is also an ASIO card, and the responsiveness is instant. Playing from the ultrafast keyboard of my Mg works perfectly with the Arturia synths using that.

BTW one thing to watch with soundcards at this level is the kind of output they do. I originally bought a 9652, which only has digital outputs, only to realise that I needed the 9632 with analogue outputs.

Actually I think we need to combine our knowledge of soundcards, because they're an essential part of getting the best from the Arturia synths. I learned the hard way, and my knowledge now is still sketchy. I got something that's perfect, but I know I don't have the knowledge to say much to someone else apart from "I know this one works" and "look for ASIO."

endedup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI Keyboard controllers
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 07:05:37 pm »
All the Korg K series keyboards work. Erdirol works too. ASIO software make a big dif.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines