March 28, 2024, 05:02:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Patch overlay results don't match videos - filter env knob seems too mild?  (Read 3730 times)

Dignus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
When setting the envelope amount knob all the way to the right/+, the filter envelope doesn't seem to open the filter wide enough. I noticed this when attempting the "funk bass" overlay patch - it sounds nothing like the video here at 17:10 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VvQbPC_I4XM#t=1030s

In my case, the filter envelope knob needs to be set all of the way to the right to get a similar response. At the overlay's setting, it's a completely muffled "pluck" bass sound.

I'm concerned that my filter envelope knob isn't sending the full amount of the envelope to the filter!

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Patch overlay results don't match videos - filter env knob seems too mild?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:29:58 pm »
Hi,
for the latest production we changed the reference of the potentiometers. The difference between the two is that the slopes are a bit different, but the range is still the same.
On the first units some people have noticed that at the end of both side, the value almost does not change. On the new reference, it's still the same range, but the firsts and lasts degrees are more effective.

If you check the following link , it's like we changed from 3B to 1B. It's not exactly the case, but it will give you a good idea.
http://lh3.ggpht.com/-G4FlsZdg7Bw/Tl08pTKcu7I/AAAAAAAABXY/vZ51RFL_XBo/s1600-h/volume-pot-taper-courtesy-alps5.png

So that is to say that this behavior is normal. You still have a fully effective envelope amount, but value repartition is a bit wider.

Unfortunately we didn't updated the preset sheets according to this modification. It will be done soon, but now we have machines outside, with unmatched preset sheets.
Sorry to every user encountering this.... As soon as our sound designer has made the corrections we will publish updated PDF.

If you want to get the same sound as on the video, you will basically need to set filter env amount to the last but one silkscreening mark, and set resonance to 9 o'clock.

As a general rule of thumb, if on a preset sheet a pot is at Min, Max, or Center position, it will be the same.
If it's in the first half, you will have to lower it a bit, if it's in the second half, you will have to increase it a bit. the closer it's from Min or Max the more you will need to increase/decrease.

I hope it's understandable...

Bruno
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:51:08 am by Bruno@arturia »
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Dignus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:04 pm »
That makes perfect sense, thank you for the explanation!

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:06:54 pm »
So now we have "vintage" Minibrutes ;) Which serial number did the change go into effect?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines