March 28, 2024, 11:39:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: HELP!! Corrupt disc.. I need ONE file  (Read 6277 times)

MDesigner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
HELP!! Corrupt disc.. I need ONE file
« on: November 04, 2005, 04:11:21 am »
My sad story, summarized: went to Guitar Center Pro, bought the CS-80V.  Took it home.. the disc is bad.  My main computer won't even register it.  My laptop does, but the wav.dat file is corrupt (CRC error).  I immediately wrote Arturia via the support link.  NO RESPONSE.  I went back to GC Pro... got another copy, but that took a week because they don't keep it stocked and had to order another copy.  Guess what.  This copy is bad too, same file: wav.dat.

Nice.  Nice quality control.  It would seem that a whole batch of these got burned incorrectly.

So.. PLEASE.. CS-80V owners.. if anyone is willing to give me the wav.dat file I need, please send me a private message.  I have a project deadling coming up, and Arturia is entirely irresponsible with their support.. which is maddening and inexcusable, considering the amount of money I've spent on their products (bought both the CS-80V and Mg Modular V).

Thanks.

omissis

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 03:44:14 pm »
Not sure what the wav.dat file is for....to tell you the truth I experienced no problems with my installation.
Max

a CS-80Vist

MDesigner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 04:28:05 pm »
The wav.dat file, as the name implies, contains additional WAV data that somehow plays a part in the synthesis of sounds from the CS-80.

And no, I wouldn't expect you to have had any problems with installation.  Not every single copy is a bad disc, but apparently Arturia had a corrupt master disc, and duplicated several copies off that master.. because TWO discs I've gotten now have had a corrupt file on the disc, same exact file.. and these discs are both from the same distributor.  So it follows logically that this distributor has a whole box of these CS-80 copies that are probably corrupt discs.  I'm stuck here, and Arturia support is nowhere to be found.  This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

omissis

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 07:13:23 pm »
Hmm , sounds strange to me....anyway I think that this file could relate more to the cd copy protection or the installation rather than to the synth itself. It could be better if you pm directly to Nicolas or Fabrice and try to solve the problem. It's likely they will ask you to send your cd back and return a good one. If you won't succed even this way pm me then ...
Max

a CS-80Vist

MDesigner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 08:57:39 pm »
Hmm, I don't think the file has to do with copy protection.. it's about 650MB!  Seems to me this is a large part of the data.

I will PM both of them.  I'm still confused as to why support never answered my request...

MDesigner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 03:13:28 am »
OK, you were right.  It is copy protection.

And it's the style of copy protection that involves corrupting files on purpose.  It has made this disc completely unreadable.

Nice job, Arturia.  Your copy protection scheme is useless anyway, I see a bunch of pirated copies of CS-80V on the net.  So, in the end, what is the point?  To harm honest, paying customers??!

Here's a tip: stop using copy protection schemes that involve corrupt files.  Just stick with serial#.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines