March 28, 2024, 11:14:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain pedal not recording  (Read 625 times)

Pierre Germain

Sustain pedal not recording
« on: March 25, 2023, 06:00:06 pm »
I recorded a piece with Piano V3 but the sustain pedal didn't record in the "down" position. I tried another pass using MIDI merge with the sustain pedal engaged, and that didn't work. Tried automation as well but that also didn't work. Anything else I can try?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Sustain pedal not recording
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 12:56:45 pm »
Make sure the 'sustain on' automation occurs after the start of your recording. Many people don't understand how MIDI works, they press the sustain pedal before pressing Record in their DAW, and then wonder why there's no sustain at the start of their playback. This is one of the key differences between recording audio and recording midi.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. The piano VST has no clue whether you're playing it live or whether it's being triggered by midi-lanes in your DAW, and will respond 100% the same to both. I guess there's another possibility that your DAW is for some reason not sending CC64 (Sustain) to the VST during playback, but I don't know why that would be.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

pgermainsf

Re: Sustain pedal not recording
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 08:15:09 pm »
Thank you! I figured it was a simple solution...I had to press the actual pedal as opposed to clicking on it in Piano V3 after I hit record...all good now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines