April 19, 2024, 11:10:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments not showing up in Logic Pro instrument list (Pigments 4, Ventura, M1)  (Read 830 times)

wam

• Apprentice
Does anyone have this combination working?

MBP with an M1 Pro chip
macOS Ventura 13.2.1
Logic 10.7.7
Pigments 4.1.3420

I've activated and installed Pigments, and the standalone program works fine. But I want to use it as a software instrument in Logic, and it doesn't show up in the AU Instruments list. It does show up in Logic's Plug-in manager. Under "compatibility" it says "successfully validated" and "Use" is checked.

Other instruments seem to work fine. I've installed SQ-80 V 1.5.0, as well as CZ V 1.8.0 from V Collection 8. Both show up and work.

I've reset and rescanned it, and followed all the advice from this post to clear the Audio Unit cache. No luck!

Before I consider something drastic like downgrading from Ventura to Monterey, I thought I'd ask if anyone has an identical or similar setup working. For example, I would consider a "similar setup" to be any M1 or M2 Macbook, any version of Ventura, Pigments 4.1.x, and Logic 10.7.x.

FWIW, it all works on an Intel MBP with Monterey 12.6.1, Pigments 4.1.3240, and Logic 10.7.7.

Images of the non-working setup are attached.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 04:01:56 am by wam »

wam

• Apprentice
Update: After several unsuccessful tries uninstalling/reinstalling Pigments (and ASC), removing the Logic plugin cache file, rebooting the computer, and repeatedly running "Full Audio Unit Reset" in the Logic plugin manager..... it finally worked.

So I can confirm that Pigments can be used as an AU instrument with this hardware/software setup, but no idea why it didn't work on the first try, and what combination of things actually fixed it. :shrug:

Time to rock and roll

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines