April 18, 2024, 07:32:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49 mk1 sporadic MIDI latency  (Read 479 times)

ptorak

Keylab 49 mk1 sporadic MIDI latency
« on: March 22, 2023, 01:44:11 pm »
Hi all - first post here as first problem with this controller I have not managed to solve (invariably the first of many more to come...).

I am running a KeyLab 49 Mk1 (firmware 1.33) directly into a MIDI sound module (Pianobox Pro - also latest firmware) via 5-pin DIN. I am checking the audio on this both through a PA (when I can be bothered to set it up) or just headphones into the Pianobox Pro.

For the most part, the audio plays with next to 0 latency. However, I am experiencing a sporadic issue where the audio suddenly decides to lag significantly for about half a second, and then it seems to rush to catch up. I am not sure if this is the midi latency or audio latency, and it happens on both the GM and EMU sounds. As someone who plays a fair bit of lead synth, this is not really workable. There is no issue when I use the same connection flow and my microKorg XL as the midi keyboard, so have resorted to that for now (although short a few keys!). I really want the flexibility of the KL49 back in the workflow though...so handy being able to adjust so many parameters on the fly, alongside full-size keys.

Before I tear what is left of my hair out, has anyone got any pointers at all?  :'(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines