March 29, 2024, 06:05:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Filtering External Audio with Ableton Live  (Read 966 times)

skeer562

• Apprentice
Filtering External Audio with Ableton Live
« on: March 21, 2023, 12:37:18 am »
In the Filters-Amplifier Tutorial it discusses Filtering External Audio.  I was able to patch Ext Out to the External In.  However, it says, "Then in your DAW, route audio from another track to the plug-in's audio input.".  I'm really not sure how to do that.  I tried some different things, but it didn't work.
I had a loop playing in another channel, and I wanted to process it through the MS 20 V filter as described in the tutorial.

LBH

Re: Filtering External Audio with Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 12:42:19 am »
Hello,

That depend on if and how your DAW route audio to instrument plugins.

skeer562

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 01:20:40 am »
Thanks for the reply LBH.  I'm still hoping someone with Ableton experience can provide step by step instructions.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 02:56:52 am »
Well you did'nt tell which DAW you had before, so i don't get you write "still hoping".

I don't use Live, so i can't give you a step by step guide. Basicly the procedure is the same as for routing audio into any other instrument, so it's mostly a DAW question.
I know Live's channels have "Audio From" and "Audio To" selectors, and they are probably in use. Perhaps involving Sidechain feature.

If you wan't reply from an exsperienced Live user, then i suggest you ask in Ableton forum. But i i actually don't think it's that difficult, if you just load Arturia MS.20 in Live - perhaps in VST3 format. I can not use VST2 in my DAW Studio One, if i wan't to use the external audio in feature. But then it's just to use the Sidechain feature Studio One have now to get things like this to work. Quite simple really.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 02:59:17 am by LBH »

skeer562

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 03:51:27 am »
I found the answer in the FAQ:
https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4807961569436-KORG-MS-20-V-Sidechain

Well you did'nt tell which DAW you had before, so i don't get you write "still hoping".
It says Ableton in the title...

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 02:55:13 pm »
It says Ableton in the title...
So it does. My bad.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines