March 29, 2024, 07:21:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet V3 - Disabling controller's sustain pedal's effect on RELEASE toggle  (Read 843 times)

NewNumbers

• Apprentice
Hi -

I'm working up something in Camelot Pro where I have Piano V2 and Prophet V3 as Items in a Layer, i.e., both plugins are listening to a keyboard controller, in this case on MIDI Channel 2. The controller's sustain pedal is sending out CC 18h per convention and the Piano V2 is responding as it should. Meanwhile, on the Prophet V3 plugin, the patch I've programmed makes use of a moderate VCA release time and for that to work, the RELEASE toggle button is activated. The problem I'm having is that depressing and releasing the controller's sustain pedal for Piano V2's expressive purposes has the side effect of toggling Prophet V3's RELEASE button on and off whereas I want it to remain on. I've called up the MIDI settings and there isn't a control in the list for the RELEASE BUTTON. I've tried going into Learn mode, clicking on the RELEASE button to select it (this adds a new control to the list, "Release On-Off"), and stepping on the controller's sustain pedal but it doesn't have any effect; it's as if the assignment of CC 18h to the RELEASE button is hardwired into the plugin. It seems to me that the control "Release On-Off" should already be in the list of assignable controls. I suppose that in Camelot Pro I might be able to filter out CC 18h from going to the Prophet V3 plugin as a workaround but I wish this were an assignment I could disable from with the plugin GUI.

LBH

Hello,

Sustain pedal is hardwired to midi CC#64 that's generel midi standard for Sustain pedal. I have no idea what midi CC#18h is. It might be something speciel with you host.

In the sidepanel under Settings try to set Global Settings/ Sustain Mode to Legacy.
This will not disable the Sustain pedal, but make the pedal behave different, so the Release can keep being activated with the set ENV Release times, and then the Sustain pedal activate hold instead. That's perhaps enough for you.

In any case:
In Analog Lab it's possible to build Multies using 2 sounds/ parts and then among other things disable the Sustain pedal for the parts seperately.

Perhaps your host also can filter out the Sustain pedal messaged for a instrumnet entry.

FYI: Prophet Legacy versions like Prophet V3 have a seperate forum. Prophet V3 is'nt in V-Collection 9.

NewNumbers

• Apprentice
OK, I think I might need to back up a few steps and work out just how my rig is supposed to function.  :)

I - and my entire physical rig including the two Yamaha KX controllers - predate General MIDI and I've honestly never worked with it.

I'd been going by this legend printed on top of both KXes:

But there's also this table at http://www.synthmind.com/MIDI%20Standard%20Controller%20Numbers.html which I presume is probably also pre-GM but I assume was folded into it. I guess that the defaults for things like pitch/mod wheel, sustain pedal, and the like in the Arturia plugins follow GM and I need to make sure that the other hardware follows that to avoid having to rework all the plugins in Collection V individually.

LBH

The h in 18h probably show it's a hexadecimal number. It's probably a Non-Registered Parameter Number (NRPN) that your controller use.

In the midi chart you post a link for, you can see Sustain pedal is midi CC#64 it's a General midi chart it look like.
I think General midi was a part of midi 1.0 from the beginning.

However - it sounds like you pedal work. If so, then you can just try the things i wrote about.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines