March 29, 2024, 11:45:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Reselling Software Instruments and Collections  (Read 1224 times)

Newcleus

• Apprentice
Reselling Software Instruments and Collections
« on: March 22, 2023, 10:52:14 am »
Due to poor health I need to sell my Keylab 61 MkII.  Straight forward enough but what can I do with the software?  As I understand it, I can unregister my products and sell them on but as they were obtained through the upgrade path (by having the keyboard) would I need to sell them bundled with it?  I imagine that they simply won't work without having the licence key and activation for the keyboard itself.

Products are:

V Collection 9
Pigments

Any advice would be appreciated.
 8)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Reselling Software Instruments and Collections
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 01:01:41 pm »
I think your account will tell you which products are eligible for resale.
For example my account shows that my crossgrade to VC4 years ago cannot be sold separately, but the subsequent upgrades I've bought, most recently to VC9, can.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Newcleus

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 01:28:58 pm »
Thanks.  I can see my products listed but can't see any info on eligibility - what am I looking for?

I can see "Since you have purchased this product recently, please contact our support team to unregister"

Newcleus

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 02:19:24 pm »
Is 'unregister' the same as 'deactivate'?

So confusing

In My Acoount it says:

NEW To speed up the license transfer process, you can now manually unregister a license from your account without contacting the support.

This can be done from your Arturia account My Products section.
Once unregistered, the license can be freely registered on another account.

?

Newcleus

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 01:10:03 am »
I'm getting email notifications for this thread but it seems the replies are being deleted?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 03:10:58 pm »
There has probably been spam postings that got deleted.

As for  'unregister' the same as 'deactivate', they are not the same. I think this is how it works (someone please correct me as needed!):

Deactivating only removes the activation from a device. E.g. if you have activated Analog Lab on one or more computers, you'll see those activations in your account.  I have not tried the following, but when all activations are removed, I'd think you can unregister the product. You  can safely try this to see if you get the big red "Remove from my account" button (deactivations are not "dangerous" since you can just activate again) .

Unregistering or  "Remove from my account", removes the product registration from your account, releasing the serial number/license-key for use by someone else.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines