March 29, 2024, 01:37:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cycling Envelope Shape  (Read 706 times)

jojkobojko

• Apprentice
Cycling Envelope Shape
« on: March 16, 2023, 09:40:50 am »
Hello guys, I need a little advice here  :) How to set shapes on cycling envelope on Minifreak V. If I understood correctly, on HW you can continously (linearly) change characteristic of shape by shift button + rotate rise/fall knobs. But how to do it on Minifreak V? There is just obtion to choose between default or percussive.  Thank you in advance.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Cycling Envelope Shape
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 04:16:04 pm »
If you click the little spanner in the lower right corner of the cycling envelope section, you'll open the extended envelope controls. You'll not see a graphic depiction of the curve shapes on the software though - they're always drawn as straight lines.

jojkobojko

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 07:33:17 pm »
Thank you very much for your answer, but I knew about this possibility. Rather, I was wondering if is possible to smoothly change curve shape of the envelope. Not only choosing between quick/linear (rise) and default/percussive (fall).

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 07:44:27 pm »
I'm not talking about quick/linear. Try this:

- Set the Cycling Envelope to Run or Loop mode
- Click the little spanner symbol in the lower right corner of the Cycling Envelope envelope section
- In the extended parameter panel that opens, Adjust Rise Curve and Fall Curve to taste

You can read more about this in the manual sections 4.4.3.2 and 4.4.3.3.

jojkobojko

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 08:25:44 pm »
Ahhh, now I see it  :) I'm not using Run or Loop mode, so I didn't notice yet. Would be great if envelope mode had this option (feature) as well. Thanks again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines