March 29, 2024, 10:06:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: animations gone after update  (Read 913 times)

Matrix-Ton

• Apprentice
animations gone after update
« on: March 16, 2023, 07:32:23 am »
Hello,
Pigments is by far my favourite synth and I've used it for years without any problem. After the latest update the animations in de lane with all the modulators are gone. The cells with modulators that have a destination connected show a blue block, the others are empty. The same goes for the lower region with the combinations and the random-modulators. They all show a blue block.  I can't see what's really going on. The animations of the LFO's and enveloppes are still visible. The animations are a strong selling point for Pigments and help during soundesign, so I'm not happy that they're gone. I expect that this is not how it is supposed to be. What can I do; any advice?

LBH

Re: animations gone after update
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 06:34:59 pm »
Hello,

When a modulator is'nt assigned anywhere, then the animation is'nt active - it's muted black. That make it easy to see, if a modulator in one way or another is set as modulator for anything.

Not sure what you mean by a blue block. Can you post a screeshot? You should have animations for assigned modulators.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 06:37:08 pm by LBH »

Matrix-Ton

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 08:50:52 pm »
Hello LBH (and others),
hereby a printscreen of Pigments with the 'blue blocks' in the modulators-lane and lower region. The lower region is the same for combinations. As you can see all animations in these cells are gone. The animations of the wavetable and the filter are visible, also the animations of the LFO's and enveloppes. I have used Pigments for several years on the same Windows-PC and the only thing that 'happened' was the last update of Pigments (and V-collection). I hope anyone has some good advice.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 09:52:12 pm »
Yes that's absolutely not how it should look like. It's not like that here.

Have you tried to reinstall Pigments? Sometimes it make a difference to use the standalone installer you can download from Arturias website.
Are your Graphic driver updated?
Are you having the issue in both standalone application and when using it as plugin?
Which excact OS do you use? I'm on fully updated Windows 10.

Matrix-Ton

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 11:41:46 pm »
Thanks LBH. I tried the standalone installer, but that made no difference. Also there is no difference in using Pigments standalone or as plug-in. My driver is old, but the newest. I use windows 10, but not fully updated. It's been a while since I updated. I update as less as possible, not permanent connected to the internet. Pigments is now the only software with problems. V-Collection is OK and also my Minifreak VST.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 02:28:55 am »
Your welcome.

You can try to clean the preferences in ASC for Pigments - just in case.

Also you can try to first uninstall Pigments, then restart the PC before installing Pigments again.

You can also check if you have multiple installs of Pigments files. That can cause conflicts.

Otherwise updating the graphic driver and/ or running a sfc /scannow in the As administrator mode like you can read about on the web is something to try.
Updating the OS is also something to try.

I don't think i can suggest more than this. Don't know if Arturia can.

I can add, that i on one PC use 12 year old intel graphics without having this issue.

Matrix-Ton

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 12:19:57 pm »
Thanks very much LBH. These are different things I can try. I don't know what will be the most likely succesful thing and my knowledge of 'deeper functioning' of PC's is limited. I will try these things in the next days and report back about the results.

Liamjf

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2023, 11:58:51 pm »
I have a very similar issue. I actually have no animations at all and no waveform or LFO etc displays. Only thing that show are the envelopes. No modulation preview at all. All mine are just black, rather than your blue. If you find a solution let me know!

Liam F

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2023, 04:04:50 pm »
Sorted!
After a few emails with the very helpful tech support I managed to update my intel graphics driver to the latest one and that solved the issue. Windows reported that the driver was up to date (it wasn't) and the driver download page led to a driver installer that didn't work but once I found the correct driver and installed it all good now.
Hope that helps someone.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines