April 20, 2024, 07:06:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: microfreak making weird cyclical hum under specific circumstances  (Read 435 times)

stalefleas

I have been using the Arturia Microfreak as a CV controller for the Make Noise 0-Coast, but this combination produces a lot of unwanted and loud cyclical hum when I am running it through my guitar pedals. The other combinations are good--if I am just controlling with CV, there is no noise. If I am just running the 0-Coast through the pedals, there is no noise. Only when the Microfreak is CV controlling the 0-coast while running through the pedals do I have this noise. Even if the 0-Coast is not plugged in, so long as the patch cables are connected, the hum is there.

Strangely, when I use the Keystep as a controller instead, there is no noise.

I prefer the Microfreak for its touch capacitive keys, so I would like to resolve this issue, if possible.

My present "workaround" is to set the volume very low through a preamp, and really boost the gain on the 0-coast. This is okay, but some effects don't really sound as good with the quieter input.

I have tried plugging into different outlets, and fiddling with some of the settings in the utility menu. Not sure what else to try.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines