March 29, 2024, 06:41:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: keyboard send MIDI notes to global MIDI channel when in Control Mode  (Read 406 times)

fferri

• Apprentice
It would be useful, when Control Mode is active, to have the keyboard send MIDI to a dedicated MIDI channel (or the Control Mode's global MIDI channel) instead of the current track's MIDI channel.
This could be a setting for the user to choose, e.g. "When CONTROL MODE active, keyboard sends on: TRACK's MIDI CHANNEL / GLOBAL MIDI CHANNEL".

The use-case is to have the KeyStep Pro to function also as the external keyboard of other MIDI gear with embedded sequencer, without having to sacrifice a track of the KSP to select that MIDI channel.

E.g. I set up tracks 1-4 to MIDI channels 1-4, and Control Mode global MIDI channel to 5, then I configure external gear to record MIDI on channel 5 and I'd use Control Mode to temporarily set the KSP keyboard to send on channel 5, and I can still use the 4 tracks to sequence additional 4 instruments.
Currently it seems I have to sacrifice one of the 4 tracks to output on the channel 5, but never use the track's sequencer...

Hope it makes sense.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 02:45:28 pm by fferri »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines