April 26, 2024, 01:22:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V collection 8 - preparing to clone my computer and worried about license keys  (Read 652 times)

Spartan_Don

I'm about to clone my hard drive to an SSD, then re-install that one in the same computer.  Do I need to deactivate my V-Collection and Keylab MKII-88 licenses before doing so, then re-activate them via ASC once the upgrade is complete?

I want to proceed with extreme caution on this since I am doing this all on a backup laptop and don't want to degrade the main gig computer (there is a gig tomorrow night!)   

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
Hello Spartan_Don

Changing your hard drive before a gig sounds really risky !
Anyway, licenses are activated based on the computer id, so if you don't change computer, there is no need to de-activate re-activate your licenses.
Hope that helps.
QA Technician

Spartan_Don

Thanks.  This will all be done on a backup computer, not my main gig computer.  Just upgrading the backup with an SSD (the main one already has it).

Now the next gig is in 5 weeks so I have some time to get through this.  If there's any more safety in deactivating / reactivating I am glad to do so, just let me know.  The current HDD will be cloned to an SDD, then I will swap them out internally in the same computer.

Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines