April 25, 2024, 11:15:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to start Minifreak V?  (Read 619 times)

StephenDD

How to start Minifreak V?
« on: March 03, 2023, 03:51:23 pm »
I purchased the Minifreak, and after registering it was able to download and activate the Minifreak V software and start it and play with it.    My MiniFreak synth was not/is not attached to my Win10 system at any time.
I closed it and ran Win10 system updates but now I am unable to start Minifreak V (v.1.01.01.385) from the ASC Arturia Software Center.   I see Minifreak under My Products section, and when I click it, MiniFreak V shows up, with two sections: General and Release Notes.   However, nothing I click starts the MiniFreak V software.   
In the event that the system updates goofed up the MiniFreak V software, clicked the Reinstall (down-arrow, bottom-right of the Arturia Software Center, Minifreak V panel) and then restarted the ASC.  The ASC shows my login name but shows nothing (no *****) in the password block but immediately jumps into the My Products view.  The MiniFreak sections shows the product is ACTIVATED.  I click is, and the MinFreak V section opens but again, I can't get the software to start.
See attached image.

Help please.

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
Re: How to start Minifreak V?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 05:46:05 pm »
Hello StephenDD

I'm sorry to hear that.
But i have good news for you :
The ASC is unable to launch any of our products, it is only made to manage your products and licenses.
To launch the MiniFreak V, you must go to your windows start menu and type in MiniFreak V
The search bar should make the Application start in standalone.
(it is also located in C:/ProgramFiles/Arturia)

If you do not find it, i recommend you install it again from the ASC and repeat the previous step.
If you are still having an issue, which i hope not, i recommend you contact Arturia's support here :
https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp

I hope that helps.
QA Technician

StephenDD

Re: How to start Minifreak V?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 09:26:30 pm »
Thank you Matthieu_Arturia - as you instructed, I found it in the Win10 Start menu and launched it from there.  I also pinned it to the Start panel.   
It would be helpful if ...
1) The software could be launched directly from the ASC
2) The MiniFreak V app-launch method that you provided were included in the MiniFreak V User Manual that is included in the ASC.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines