April 20, 2024, 04:13:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Unable to hear sound in DAW (Ableton Live Lite)  (Read 620 times)

lukasknol

Unable to hear sound in DAW (Ableton Live Lite)
« on: February 27, 2023, 07:45:11 pm »
Hi, I'm trying my luck here because after seeing tons of YouTube videos, I still didn't manage to get it working.
I'm trying to connect my MicroFreak to Ableton Live Lite 11 via my audio interface. I have all the right cables connected:

MicroFreak: USB directly into my laptop and a 6,3mm TRS cable in the output
Audio Interface (Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd): 6,3mm TRS cable connecting to MicroFreak in the input. USB from the audio interface connected to my laptop. TRS cables to my speakers.

I don't have a favorite DAW but using currently Ableton Live Lite 11.
I first set the driver type and audio device linking to my audio interface. Then ticket the MIDI ports. Then inserted the MIDI and audio track in Ableton, using channel one (channel 1 in/out is also set in MicroFreak. When I hit a key on the MicroFreak I see some response in Ableton so I think the MIDI is working. However, no output sound from the MicroFreak.

I guess I am missing something. Either some settings in MicroFreak or in the DAW. Anyone who can help?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 07:48:36 pm by lukasknol »

lukasknol

Re: Unable to hear sound in DAW (Ableton Live Lite)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 07:57:50 pm »
I found the solution. It was just a simple setting on the audio interface. Had to switch on "INST" on the input of the audio interface and activate "DIRECT MONITOR".
Don't know how to close this post hence Im sharing my solution.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines