April 19, 2024, 06:51:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: some basic questions from a complete beginner Microlab + Windows 10  (Read 739 times)

yooval

hi

I've bought a Microlab midi controller and it is my first controller and my first experience with a midi controller on a computer
I'm using a windows 10 desktop computer

I have installed "Analog LAb Intro" and ""Analog LAb Lite"
I have some questions that I think should be very basic:

is there a way I could get a sound out of the Microlab WITHOUT loading either the "Analog LAb Intro" and ""Analog LAb Lite" software? I wanted to have some sort of background service on windows that will enable the keyboard to be constantly on and ready to play like real physical keyboards do...

LBH

Re: some basic questions from a complete beginner Microlab + Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 06:32:11 pm »
Hello,

MicroLab is a controller.
Controllers in generel does'nt contain any onboard sound sources. No sound without using a sound source.
MicroLab can control outboard sound sources. It does'nt have to be a Analog Lab though.

yooval

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 07:00:05 am »
thank you for the explanation

is there an outboard sound source background service for windows 10 which stays in the memory maybe boots in statrup which MicroLab can control?
I'm basically looking for a way to use the controller as "always on" without having to launch an app first, is it doable?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 06:14:30 pm »
Your welcome.

On Windows it's possible to make an application start up. I assume MAC can too. That's about using the computer. But i don't see why you would like to do that. It can be annoying in many other situations. Anything that loads will take the needed time to load no matter when it's loaded.
To me you make something difficult that are'nt. Most use a midi controller to control different kind of software. No need to load more than one need, and it could be something different each time.
A keyboard with onboard sounds don't even have to use a computer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines