May 09, 2024, 12:35:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB hub  (Read 1005 times)

Ranj

USB hub
« on: February 25, 2023, 11:48:07 pm »
Hi

I can't quite work out the USB hub on the MF4.

Can the USB hub on the Minifuse 4 be used to connect a Keystep Pro?

Does the MF4 USB Hub transfer midi data through to the DAW?

Could I connect a Roland TD11 Drum Module via the USB hub?

Would it transfer midi data and or audio through to the DAW?

I would like to be able to jam with a bass player whilst playing he Roland electronic drum kit, possible using EZDrummer, what would the best way to achieve this?

Is the Minifuse compatible with Apple Silicon?

Thanks Ranj

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: USB hub
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 01:15:09 pm »
Hello,

Can the USB hub on the Minifuse 4 be used to connect a Keystep Pro?

Only if the KSP is powered using an external alimentation, as the USB hub does not provide enough power for the KSP to run smoothly.

Does the MF4 USB Hub transfer midi data through to the DAW?

The HUB is just as a regular USB hub plugged on your computer, so, yes, MIDI data can be sent over. If you plug a MIDI device, the MIDI device should appear on your computer.

Could I connect a Roland TD11 Drum Module via the USB hub?
Would it transfer midi data and or audio through to the DAW?

I don't know this drums, but it will act just as if you plugged it directly into the computer.

I would like to be able to jam with a bass player whilst playing he Roland electronic drum kit, possible using EZDrummer, what would the best way to achieve this?

I would say, plug the bass on IN1, plug the Roland on IN2, setup your internal mixer int the AFCC to have both IN1 & IN2 in there. And here you have a setup where you can hear both players, without using any software (once setupped, you can play even if the computer is off). 

If you want to record, the other solution is using a DAW. Just put the USB channels in the mixer in the AFCC, open the DAW and create two tracks, one using IN1, the other using IN2. You should be able to hear the master of the DAW. 

Is the Minifuse compatible with Apple Silicon?

I think it's not officially supported yet. Which does not means that it cannot work, but I cannot give any guarantees right now.

I hope this answered your questions.

Cheers !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines