April 27, 2024, 12:28:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Patches not working  (Read 668 times)

SpiralArchitect

Patches not working
« on: February 24, 2023, 11:48:15 am »
Hi there.
New to Arturia having replaced my old akai controller with the Keylab 61 MK11,and like it a lot,a couple of questions ??

1.I have Analog Lab 4 which I have looked at and certain patches in the multi section do not work ,crackling as i select them,Ive not had chance to scroll through all the individual patches yet so not sure if this issue relates to them also.

2.I also have analog lab V which works fine,but seems a backward step from analog 4 ,question why have they given me both versions ,are they linked somehow and what is the point of analog V if its less comprehensive

Thanks again

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Patches not working
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 01:19:23 pm »
AL5 uses many instruments with a completely different behind the scenes engine (coding) which improves their authenticity but makes them fundamentally incompatible with the legacy builds in AL4. Because Arturia are only part way through the phase of re-coding all their instruments, they let you have access to both the old build instruments (AL4) and the new build instruments (AL5). Highlights for me in AL5 are the CS80 patches which are way way more authentic than AL4, also the Prophet 5 V and Prophet VS have been split into much more versatile authentic instruments, and the acoustic pianos finally sound like pianos. However you don't get as many presets with AL5 as you once did with AL4 because Arturia made a business decision to strip them back to encourage people to more willingly invest in the full V Collection. That kinda sucks, but Arturia aren't a charity I guess.

The crackling is usually your computer struggling to cope with the processing requirements of whatever patch you have selected. You can minimise this by increasing the buffer size, but the trade-off is increased latency. As a Mac user I often forget that Windows users often have things like third-party virus checkers running in the background as well, and it all eats-up the resources available to Analog Lab. Literally close down everything you're not using.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Christopher Tong

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 01:42:27 pm »
Thanks for the quick response much appreciated,I use a Mac and it’s solely for music software so bags of ram and a decent processor,it handles omnisphere and Lunaris without a murmur and I only had the Al software open when this happened if that helps thank you

Christopher Tong

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 04:25:50 pm »
Gone back in and it’s working fine now thanks…must have been a glitch thanks for the other information though very useful

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines