April 20, 2024, 08:30:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Multiple Keys not working - brand new controller  (Read 846 times)

gravybeats

Multiple Keys not working - brand new controller
« on: February 24, 2023, 09:25:08 am »
Hello,

I've just received my brand new KeyLab 88 mk2, and multiple keys aren't working, I tested it in DAW, Melodics & standalone Arturia products, with the same result.

I installed the latest firmware, software. Tried to change different usb cables etc.

Here is a video I recorded:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gcxpREnu-KVn4WUm9v3HodM9yHwY0zdE?usp=sharing

Could you please let me know whether it's a hardware failure?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Multiple Keys not working - brand new controller
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 10:37:46 am »
Sounds like it, though the permissions on the computer I'm currently on prevent me from looking at the video on your google drive, so I'm basing my judgement only on your description of the symptoms. Just return and exchange it. Because physical retailers have been made all-but extinct by the internet, people (understandably) try everything in their power to get broken kit to work before admitting the inevitable, because returning bulky items through the mail for an exchange is such a longwinded hardship. But sometimes things are simply lemons and there is no other fix.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LT

Re: Multiple Keys not working - brand new controller
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 09:56:25 pm »
Hello,

I've just received my brand new KeyLab 88 mk2, and multiple keys aren't working, I tested it in DAW, Melodics & standalone Arturia products, with the same result.

I installed the latest firmware, software. Tried to change different usb cables etc.

Here is a video I recorded:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gcxpREnu-KVn4WUm9v3HodM9yHwY0zdE?usp=sharing

Could you please let me know whether it's a hardware failure?

It sounds like a damaged or not properly seated ribbon cable between the keybed and the control unit.
Alternatively, ribbon cable between the sections in the key bed.

It might be a 10-15min job to check connections, but as it is under warranty, you have no choice but to send it back to Arturia.

I just gave mine a full-service yesterday. (Cleaning the contacts and greasing up the keys.)

Good Luck!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines