April 27, 2024, 02:09:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I record MORE THAN 8 tracks (in Cubase 12) with just one 8pre?…  (Read 852 times)

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
…or must I attach another interface via the ADAT in’s/out’s? I have a Digimax D8, which only has ONE ADAT out. I want to use 48kHz sample rate at 24 bit. Please - someone help me out here.

I JUST want to be able to record 16 tracks in total. 8 live and 8 Overdubs added later. CAN I DO THIS WITH JUST ONE 8PRE?

Anyone, plz, help me answer this one question. I can’t find it anywhere. Everyone on You Tube talks about everything BUT overdubbing beyond the number of inputs on your interface. NOT ONE VIDEO.
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: Can I record MORE THAN 8 tracks (in Cubase 12) with just one 8pre?…
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 04:27:08 pm »
Hello Sir !

Yes you should be able to do it.
But since the Digimax D8 only have ADAT Out, you need to syncrhonize both devices using BNC.
It's well explained in to the Digimax D8 manual (see attached pic).

You need an ADAT cable for the channels audio to come from the Digimax to the 8Pre.
You need a BNC cable for clock sync, from the 8Pre to the Digimax.
You need to setup the 8Pre in USB mode at 48kHz (to use it as the master clock).
You need to setup the Digimax in Ext Clock at 48kHz.

And finally, you need to setup your DAW to use the 8Pre ADAT channels (that probably are the channels 9 to 16 in the 8Pre, without guarantee, I havn't checked)
You can also use the 8Pre and AFCC to check the received signals in the internal mixer.

I havn't tried this setup, but I think it should work flawlessly.

Hope it work !
Cheers :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 12:41:56 pm by TimArturia »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines