April 23, 2024, 09:11:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection taking up >700gb  (Read 913 times)

ryq

V Collection taking up >700gb
« on: February 21, 2023, 12:50:23 am »
I'm a bit confused about this.

M1 mac mini running Monterey.

In ASC I selected to download onto external drive (2TB drive with 1TB of free space).

ASC keeps freezing up and won't download. Took hours upon hours (literally around six hours total) doing each one individually and dealing with constant "pausing" while installing- even when doing them individually. Finally got them all finished and Logic X kept crashing when trying to open.

Finally got it to open, and none of the plugins show up (even after restarting and rescanning). I followed instructions on Arturia website related to getting plugins to work in Logic when not showing up, and I followed the links from there to the Apple website. Followed those instructions too, used plugin manager, still doesn't show up.

Try to also download FX collection, and my drive runs out of space.

Inspect folders and Arturia folder with just the V Collection is over 734GB. Analog Lab alone, for instance, is 46.47GB.

It seems this is mostly in the BMP folders in the instruments.

I deleted everything manually since uninstalling from the ASC did absolutely nothing. Didn't delete components, vst, vst3, intrument folders, or applications.

Reinstalled and it's doing it again.

I'm a sales person for Arturia products, and this was supposed to familiarize me with the offerings so I can recommend to potential customers, so this is really frustrating as all other plugins work flawlessly on my system without any headaches installing (Izotope, NI, Plugin Alliance, etc, etc).

Please help!

LBH

Re: V Collection taking up >700gb
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 08:40:01 pm »
Hello,

V-Collection take about 25 times less than that.
I'm not on MAC. With my little knowleadge i will guess it's about how your external disc is formated. I for example don't think you shall use EXfat.
Perhaps it also can be about where you install the standalone versions.

Keep in mind this is'nt Arturia support.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: V Collection taking up >700gb
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 01:58:26 pm »
I have my own ideas regarding what the issue is here, but with you being an authorised retailer, I would suggest you reach out directly to Arturia. They need to personally put you in the best possible position to market their products effectively. This forum is a users' community.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines