April 25, 2024, 07:24:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't get sequencer into "Real-Time Recording" mode  (Read 596 times)

tirikita

• Apprentice
Can't get sequencer into "Real-Time Recording" mode
« on: February 20, 2023, 09:20:50 pm »
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help mer figure this out. The manual is short on details that match my situation.

I cannot get my Minifreak's sequencer to enter real-time recording mode regardless of whether I try on a preset or an init patch, and am also unable to get into play mode by simply hitting the PLAY button. I am able to hit REC to enter step recording, and also to touch a step and hit a key to enter gate/note info on that step...

When I hit the "Seq" button, the STOP/PLAY button doesn't respond. If I press a key, the sequencer will begin advancing, and I can then trigger record by hitting the button... This will not allow me to play realtime notes into the sequencer: if there is no info in the sequence, the steps proceed with a red REC light above each one, but hitting keys does not trigger the synth into action. If there are notes in the sequence then hitting keys will transpose the sequence. When not in PLAY mode, I can play with the SHIFT key to switch between transpose and the ability to add notes over the sequence, but if I make sure I'm in the latter state and then hit record, it just begins to transpose again.

What am I missing? The manual (eng, pg 90-92) makes it sound like all I should need to do is hit SEQ, then PLAY to get in play mode, the hit REC. Not working for me no matter what I try.

Can anyone help?

Thanks all!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Can't get sequencer into "Real-Time Recording" mode
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 10:20:26 pm »
If the MF is in external sync mode, the sequencer will behave like you describe.

Check that "Utility/Sync/Clock Source" is set to "Internal" or "Auto".

tirikita

• Apprentice
Re: Can't get sequencer into "Real-Time Recording" mode
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 12:15:12 am »
Wonderful, that did it!

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply, much appreciated!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines