March 29, 2024, 02:05:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What a Mess!  (Read 780 times)

motif88

What a Mess!
« on: February 18, 2023, 10:51:41 pm »
After spending $$$ to consistently upgrade my “V Collection” I now have 3 version of the V Collection - 7, 8 and 9…

1. The software center is still a mess, why no easy way to manage instrument and libraries?
2. The patch libraries for the CS80 v3 don’t appear in CS80 v4.
3. Why do I need 3 version of the same damn instruments?
4. No easy way to disable the multiple version of the same damn thing, just show me the most up to date version
5. The support sucks

I won’t be upgrading ever again. Spectrasonics, Cherry Audio and even Native does a MUCH better job to manage instruments and libraries. Arturia needs to wake up….
A former dedicated customer.

Using: Roland RD-2000, Hydrasynth Deluxe, Mac Studio, Studio Display, Logic Pro, Arturia:V Collection 9/Cherry Audio:GX-80,Dreamsynth,Polymode,Quadra,Sines/MemoryMoon/G-Force: OB-E, Oddity3, SEM/VPS Avenger/Korg:MS20,Triton/Native Instruments:Komplete 14/Roland Cloud Pro/Spectrasonics:Keyscape,Omnisphere/uhe:Diva,Hive,Zebra2/HZ,UVI:Workstation

Sold: Korg:Kronos 88,T3,MS20,Yamaha:Motif XS8,Motif ES8,Motif 8,KX88,TX802, Oberheim:Modular 8 Voice,OBXa,OB8,Prophet 5,Roland D50,Dyno-My-Rhodes,Crumar T2

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
Re: What a Mess!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 04:25:16 pm »
Compared to you I am in the 'worse' situation with V Collection 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9 but I don't have a problem with it.

I can't answer all your questions but as far a Q2&3 go, I believe patches made in CS80 V3 are not compatible with V4 due to the major tweaking that went on under the hood to make it sound more authentic. So, V3 is still shown should you need to download it to play old patches created on V3. The same may be true for other synths in the collection if I remember right.

Re Q5: I have rarely had to use the support as I seem to be blessed with a stable system but on the occasions I did, they were quick to respond and resolved the issues.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: What a Mess!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 11:50:07 am »
There have been a few threads like this. Let's see if I can put this nonsense to bed once and for all (unlikely).

When Arturia re-code some of their apps, the new versions can be incompatible with the legacy versions you have already purchased and installed. If Arturia uninstall the legacy versions from your computer when you upgrade, your existing projects using the legacy apps will no longer work properly, which will lead to complaints that Arturia have removed legitimately-purchased apps from customers' computers and replaced them with apps that are incompatible. To prevent that, if the new versions you install have been incompatibly re-coded, Arturia do not uninstall those apps' legacy versions.

So, what you end up with (on the Mac at least, I assume Windows is the same) is the latest builds of the apps in the most recent V Collection you own, plus any remaining legacy versions of apps you bought in previous V Collections which have been superseded by incompatible versions. That's all. There is no 'mess' and no duplication. But it's almost like Arturia are in a lose/lose situation: damned if they uninstall legitimately-purchased legacy apps, and damned by keyboard-warriors if they don't, complaining their computer is 'a mess' with legacy apps, instead of trying to think through logically why Arturia made a deliberate decision to leave the apps there.

EDIT: Remember folks, if like the OP you are offended by Arturia's customer-focussed approach of letting you keep everything you've purchased so as to ensure compatibility with your legacy projects, there are options inside the ASC to uninstall the versions of apps you no longer need.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 10:46:39 am by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines