April 19, 2024, 02:52:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help with XLR inputs  (Read 724 times)

Thomassmith

Help with XLR inputs
« on: February 17, 2023, 12:18:50 pm »
Hello,
I am new here and I just wan to know that I have connected two different mics using two different cables in each of the XLR inputs.  I have tried both with and without phantom power (both mics require this) and have tried all settings resulting in no signal showing at all on the input channels no matter what level of gain.  Both line inputs work fine when I plug in a guitar.  I am at a complete loss.

(Edit: Spam link removed - Admin)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 02:07:03 pm by DrJustice »

RolandMaj7

Re: I need solution
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 01:39:29 pm »
What mics are you using? If they need a phantom power, there is no way they will work without it. When you plug in XLR and switch phantom on, it should show the "Mic" light on the unit (I suppose you are using Arturia AudioFuse). Then open Arturia Control Center with the "A" buton on the unit pushing it once, then wait.

There you can see if something is coming in. Also on the unit VU metter too.

Next, check if you are sending to the correct speaker output (Speaker A or B). Then you have a MIX rolling button on top right on the unit, turn it to "Direct" to monitor the direct signal and see if you can get it through the speakers. If you can, the rest is a software or routing issue, but you have to make sure first which is it to get further ideas on helping you.  ???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines