April 23, 2024, 02:39:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: If Microfreak tones seem OK but not inspiring should I still check out Minifreak  (Read 843 times)

joegrant413

• Apprentice
Love Arturia stuff ever since the MiniBrute was my first synth.

I've owned the Microfreak for about a year. Enough to learn it, try it, and usually leave it on the shelf. Honestly, the sounds are very good, but not inspiring enough.

So should I check out the Minifreak?

Thanks,
Joe

Potatohead

• Apprentice
You're probably asking the wrong place, as most are here because they have a big interest in the synth, or already own it. But to give you an answer: it depends. Is is the raw sound that you found uninspiring? With an extra sound engine on the MiniFreak a lot of new territory opens up, but if the basic DNA of the engines is what you dislike, then I'm not certain you will like it. I own both of them, but actually think they aren't all that comparable.

So my best advice would be to try it out in a store, or try it out somewhere with a good return policy, so you can take it for a spin over the weekend at home.

Phat Cat Audio

Hi Joe!

I just sold my microfreak and bought the minifreak, and it is soooo worth it!!! The FX engine, double oscillator, double LFO, macros, complex arpeggiator and the keyboard itself are so worth the upgrade, I can't recommend enough.

The microfreak on itself sounds a bit raw without effects, I also had the feeling I was uninspired by it, but when you get to combine the 2 oscillators in the minifreak, the possibilities are mindblowing!

Just go for it 8)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines