March 28, 2024, 05:41:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Possible to create 3rd party sampler to run in Analog Lab?  (Read 484 times)

quietline

Possible to create 3rd party sampler to run in Analog Lab?
« on: February 07, 2023, 03:46:50 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I wonder if it is possible to create a synth/sample player that would run in Analog Lab. I'm thinking of something similar to Kontakt where 3rd party developers are able to create and sell their own products that run in Kontakt. Does Arturia have any developer SDKs or is there something similar to the Kontakt ecosystem for Analog Lab?

Thank you for any insight.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Possible to create 3rd party sampler to run in Analog Lab?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 01:06:45 pm »
Analog Lab is a closed ecosystem. As I see it (as a non-employee), Analog lab has three purposes:

1) It exists so Arturia midi controllers can be marketed as 'hybrids' that come with x-number of sounds in the form of a computer-based app and DAW plugin, with built-in customizable effects and optional purchasable sound banks (some are free).

2) It's a 'gateway drug' that Arturia hope will entice owners to buy the V Collection, from which its presets are curated. Owners of Analog Lab can usually buy V Collection at a discount, the amount of which varies depending on which version of Analog Lab you own (Intro or full), and during special-offer seasons.

3) For V Collection owners, it's a central repository where users can access all the 9000+ V Collection instruments' presets in one place, plus their own user presets [made in V Collection instruments].

I stress again that I have no inside knowledge, but with those purposes considered, it would be an uncharacteristic change in direction for Arturia to open it up to allow it to host third-party virtual instruments, and have those instruments integrate with Analog Lab's assignable macros and built-in effects. Never say never, but I can't see it happening.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

quietline

Re: Possible to create 3rd party sampler to run in Analog Lab?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 05:38:03 pm »
Thank you for your reply. This is what I suspected but hoped otherwise.

Nonetheless, still great software.

Thanks again!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines