March 29, 2024, 06:59:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Fixed] LoopBack + DAW + OBS = Only works correctly in Reaper (Ableton Live NO)  (Read 820 times)

Irton

I want to broadcast producing and playing LIVE music using LoopBack function of my Minifuse 2, my main Daw is Ableton Live 11, broadcasting software I use OBS (Open Broadcast). I can only get it to work correctly using DAW Reaper (I can't in Ableton).

How I set it up in Reaper: (It works)
1 - Windows with outputs in MAIN (Minifuse 2).
2 - Reaper with Minifuse ASIO Driver outputs.
3 - In Reaper's MASTER I just add Loopback 3/4 outputs simultaneously with MAIN 1/2.
4 - OBS I add a STEREO INPUT and put LoopBack (Minifuse 2).
* That way I can have the DAW with independent output, windows sounds in another output and my MIC (onboard) in another output. Everything perfect as I want.

How do I configure in Ableton Live 11 (Does not work).
1 - Windows with outputs in MAIN (Minifuse 2).
2 - Ableton Live with Minifuse ASIO Driver outputs.
3 - In Ableton's MASTER there is only the MAIN 1/2 main output and another one called CUE OUT, I try to put LoopBack 3/4 in this CUE OUT and I don't get any sound in the STEREO INPUT of the LoopBack in the OBS. (in Reaper it works). If I try to put 3/4 on Ableton's main output I don't hear anything in my headphones (but the signal passes to OBS on the LoopBack).
4 - OBS I add a STEREO INPUT and put LoopBack (Minifuse 2).

I don't understand this difference in operation, can someone give me a light on how to solve it? In Reaper it's perfect, but I want to use Ableton Live.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 08:24:59 am by Irton »

Irton

Re: LoopBack + DAW + OBS = Only works correctly in Reaper (Ableton Live NO)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 08:23:24 am »
I managed to find a solution...

* Open a new audio channel and make these settings on it...
1 - Put "Master" in the "Input Type".
2 - In "Monitoring" switch to "In".
3 - Change "Output Channel" to 3/4.
4 - Add an audio input in OBS and select Loopback 3/4.
READY ;D

Note: The only thing I still haven't managed to do is make the Ableton Live metronome sound on OBS, Ableton has its own Metronome channel (Cue Out on the master channel). If anyone finds a way, please help. But in this format I was already quite satisfied and I will be able to do my lives producing. Twitch name "DeuZuLivE" who wants to help by following ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines