April 26, 2024, 03:03:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I use Analog Lab presets with the actual underlying instruments  (Read 729 times)

dhjdhj

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I just bought some presets but I didn't realise they were only for Analog Lab.  I have the full modeling collection - is there any way to load those presets into the "real" virtual instruments or am I stuck having to use Analog Lab for this stuff?

Thanks

LBH

Re: Can I use Analog Lab presets with the actual underlying instruments
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 03:54:34 pm »
Hello,

Multi presets can only be used by Analog Lab (AL). But the individual presets work in both AL and in the relevant individual application. This also will be the case for the individual presets used in a Multi, if it's parts preset is saved a individual preset too.
It's easy to check. Just open an individual application and look for the soundbank. In Analog Lab you can see which applications the presets are programmed in.

It's the same if you create a preset in an individual application an save it, then it's also available in AL. It's the same presets used.

Hope this help.

dhjdhj

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 03:57:12 pm »
That's great to know. Thanks for the quick response.

I'd like to pull the individual presets into Gig Performer.....I'm not sure what a Multi preset is though.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 04:11:07 pm »
Your welcome,

In a host ie Gig Performer you use the plugin version of the applications. All the presets that can be used in that plugin will be available.

A Multi preset is a AL preset that can combine 2 sounds from any of the other applications. You have 2 parts with a sound in each. So you can ie create a preset that combine sounds from 2 different applications.

Kepp in mind Arturias applications all have manuals - more or less updated though.

dhjdhj

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 06:57:22 pm »
Can a multi-part preset be broken up into the needed parts for each plugin?
If so then I could emulate a multi-part preset by inserting both plugins into Gig Performer and loading the appropriate parts of the multi preset

LBH

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 06:04:27 pm »
Presets used in a Multies parts can be saved using the "Save Part x as" functionality. Please consult the manual section "3.2.6.6. Preset Info Menu" about this, and also read other needed info through the whole section "3.2.6. Preset Info Section" if needed.

But keep in mind, that you perhaps does'nt have to, as the preset used in your Multies allready are saved in some form. Only if you wan't to use a AL edited version you need to save it for the individual application.

Also Keep in mind that a Multi can in example have added AL effects. They are not a part of the individual presets - only of the Multi.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines