March 28, 2024, 10:36:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Additional Noise Oscillator  (Read 576 times)

Riemac

Additional Noise Oscillator
« on: February 01, 2023, 01:06:57 pm »
At the moment you have to sacrifice one of the oscillators for noise. For many analog sounds two oscillators and white noise are very important (for example in melodic techno)

One of the following suggestions would solve that problem:

- Add an additional 3. white noise oscillator in the mixer befor the filter (preferably with HP option)
- Add a new oscillator type "Basic Waves / Noise". Take the existing Basic Waves and exchange the sine sub oscillator with white noise 

Potatohead

• Apprentice
Re: Additional Noise Oscillator
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 11:42:47 am »
I would love this as well

prosynth

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 07:15:55 pm »
Or have the sub oscillator go from 0-50 in volume (full on at 50) and at 51-100 change to noise so you don't loose the sine sub-oscillator

Riemac

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 04:02:50 pm »
It would be nice if the additional noise could also be more analog, like the moog noise. The existing noise sounds very digital and harsh.

Riemac

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 04:10:52 pm »
"Or have the sub oscillator go from 0-50 in volume (full on at 50) and at 51-100 change to noise so you don't loose the sine sub-oscillator"

I had the same idea, but with silence in the middle position (50) and the sub oscillator to the left full on at 0 and the noise to the right full on at 100.
But I guess changing the existing basic waves is not an option, because of backwards compatibility. A new oscillator typ "Basic Waves / Noise" wouldn't mess this up.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines