March 28, 2024, 11:35:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some water falled into Keylab 49 essential while unplugged...  (Read 491 times)

MalyLeon

I remembered some water  falled over the pads and keys... and the keyboard was unplugged... i forgot it and then of  72 hours, i think  i plugged it again and somekeys doesn't work or make the sound of the next key.
The Keys affected are all B  ,  all G , all D and D# and some F# or Bb. I want to know if i should open it for ventilation and cleaning... and if waiting this problem should solve itself. Thank you

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Some water falled into Keylab 49 essential while unplugged...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 10:00:29 am »
No the problem probably won't solve itself.
The correct course of action would have been to dismantle it and dry it out immediately after the spill, while it was still switched off. Water causes zero damage to most low-powered electrical circuits when they're turned off and if you clean it up quickly. Damage only occurs when you apply power, and when you leave it to soak into every nook and crevice causing shorts and corrosion.

It's impossible to judge what kind of damage has been done, without going inside it. It could be a matter of just cleaning and drying the keybed and keypad PCBs, or you may have fried something. You may or may not be comfortable with disassembling the machine and diagnosing faults.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 03:18:00 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines