April 25, 2024, 01:07:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Split Keyboard  (Read 570 times)

cooldrewb

Split Keyboard
« on: January 29, 2023, 10:11:52 pm »
Ok, stupid question here.  How do you do different split points or layers within the V Collection.  Sorry I'm old school and used to using hardware synths so this is new and I can't find the feature.

Drew

Re: Split Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 04:15:04 pm »
Just to make sure I'm not being to vague.  I want to have one preset on the lower end and one preset on the higher or even be able to layer them.

LBH

Re: Split Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 06:18:16 pm »
Hello,

How can it be you have two forum names? That's confusing.

What do you consider old school? I believe we are into the 1980s, before we see the first synths having Split feature in the way i understand you wan't it.

All of Arturias applications except Jup-8 V4 and OP-Xa V have the originals possibilities. Even though those two synth originally had a layer and split function (without originally having midi), then Arturias versions unfortunately have'nt.

As you own V-Collection, then i can suggest to use Analog Lab for Split and Layer presets. This even allow you to use presets from two different applications in one presets. Those presets are called MULTI presets. You have two Parts for two presets.
I suggest you consult the Analog Lab manual and read about Multies and Parts.
In Multies you can freely create ranges and more for each preset, like you can see in Section "4.5. Keyboard Settings" and forward. This settings is only avaiable for Multi presets. Analog Lab have some Factory Multi presets, that you can explore before creating your own, if you wish.
I think this is what best answer your question of having a single way to do this inside V-Collection.

Another option is to use the filter options a host like a DAW often have. They often have Input filter for each track, so a tabge for the instrument on the track can be set freely. And multiple tracks can be played at once.

A DAW like Studio One also have Multiinstruments that can use multiple effects and instruments with individual keyboard range settings.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 06:29:50 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines