April 18, 2024, 09:27:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Brand new MiniLab3 not seen in MCC  (Read 1120 times)

MartyWhyNow

Brand new MiniLab3 not seen in MCC
« on: January 28, 2023, 02:01:45 am »
Picked up a new minilab 3.

No matter what I try, Midi Control Center never sees the device, the mini lab never appears in the drop down as “connected”.

I’ve reinstalled MCC, tried a brand new admin user account, tried a USB hub, multiple usb c to usb c cables ( one apple branded ), tried both of the usb c ports I have available, mini lab DOES appear in the system midi/audio settings, it’s just never recognized in MCC as connected.

I’m looking at the BSP ( whose power port has gone out when the cable is moved at all ) and my micro brute ( whose arp feature just stopped working one day ) wondering if I’m wasting my time here. All of the promo videos feature Arturia devices paired with Apple products, yet my experience is and has been far from plug and play.

I’ll have 44 more days to get it to work before I ship it back to the retailer for a refund.

MartyWhyNow

Re: Brand new MiniLab3 not seen in MCC
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 02:23:10 am »
Forgot to mention, I’m using a 2022 m1 MacBook Air. Updating to OS X 13 now, was on 12 until now because everything I need/use has been working until the minilab arrived today.

MartyWhyNow

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 03:04:37 am »
Update to Mac OS 13, no change.

The hub I have is usb a, and I use a usb b to usb cable to make it into my MacBook.

Might have to try a dedicated usb c hub, though it should be needed.

MartyWhyNow

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 06:33:43 am »
Lastly,

I was able to try an older Mac, same issue with the supplied Arturia cable straight into all available USB ports on the older MacBook Air. Tested under fresh admin user and MCC reinstall. Factory reset the Minilab 3, issue persists.

System info sees minilab3 by name, MCC does not. Minilab is never recognized as “connected”.

Martywhynow

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 07:08:34 pm »
Bought a dedicated usb a to usb c adapter alongside the provided Arturia cable, no change, device still not appearing as connected in MCC

Martywhynow

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 10:18:49 pm »
Issue resolved.

Doing some Reddit digging, I realized I wasn’t downloading the correct version of MCC.

Praise jebus.

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 09:21:48 am »
Hello !

I'm glad you solve your issue, and I'm sorry I didn't check the forum earlier to help you.

Could you provide us a link or similar where you've downloaded the wrong MCC please ?

I would like to remove any bad links that may appear somewhere on our website.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines