April 26, 2024, 11:53:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Adding Step Record like the hardware  (Read 669 times)

Brendan van den Berg

Adding Step Record like the hardware
« on: January 25, 2023, 11:02:47 am »
Not sure why Minifreak V doesn't have the Step Record function like the hardware. I find the sequencer a bit of a disappointment as you can't undo and you can only enter notes by clicking or real-time. Would be great to have the step record function added

Odregos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Adding Step Record like the hardware
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 05:38:10 pm »
I 100% agree.  The sequencer potential is amazing.  I am having trouble entering specific note lengths on the sequencer.  I know that I can click and drag durations but it is cumbersome.  Also is there any way to hear a metronome click while you are live inputting the notes?

Odregos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Adding Step Record like the hardware
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 07:02:33 pm »
As a workaround, I created a Minifreak vst and then created a separate midi track in cubase.   I then  created a midi groove - I edited and quantized the midi track with cubase features.  Afterwards, went to the sequencer part of the Minifreak and enabled auto.  I was then able to directly loop record into the Minifreak vst sequencer with the press of a button and the midi info was recorded directly into the sequencer.  This is much easier than trying to create the step sequence directly inside of the Minifreak VST.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines