April 23, 2024, 10:47:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AudioFuse Studio - clicks/pops & pitch  (Read 1563 times)

mjacques

• Apprentice
AudioFuse Studio - clicks/pops & pitch
« on: January 01, 2022, 11:33:51 pm »
Brand new AudioFuse Studio connected to MacBook Pro via USB-C... every time a new system sound gets initiated (from normal system cursor beeps to YouTube video playback), I get a brief static pop/click. And perhaps most interestingly / annoyingly, sounds seem at least a few semitones higher pitched and I'm guessing around 100ms ahead or behind video playback.

Are there settings I should be tweaking somewhere to sort this out, or are there any known issues with MBPs?

Thanks for any ideas/help!

gkorts

• Apprentice
Re: AudioFuse Studio - clicks/pops & pitch
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 01:15:11 pm »
I had a similar issue with latency by watching videos. Check the settings, I#ve put mine on 44.1khz and the latency was gone.

ibisum

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 09:48:54 am »
I had an issue with my AudioFuse Studio where it was producing very poor audio quality - noisy/scratchy, all the time.  It was at the point where I thought it was a dud and was preparing for a return - then I plugged it directly into my Macbook (USB-C cable) and all the issues went away.  Turns out the AudioFuse Studio doesn't seem to like the ungodly set of dongles the average Macbook user applies to their lives these days, and prefers to be plugged in directly.  Once I did this it became an absolutely beautiful, clean-sounding digital audio interface and I'm keeping it.

benpearcemoore

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 07:57:16 am »
I have been experiencing persistent issues with - dropouts, noise, glitches - in audio where I have a Pre8 connected via USB-A to my Mac Studio Max. I have also tried it using USB-C and had the same issues on an old Mac Mini M1. I am using the Pre8 to interface to an 8-track tape machine so have assumed it to be the culprit. But after switching to ADAT connection (betwen the Pre8 and AudioFuse Studio which is then connected to my computer via USB-C) the drop outs have stopped but I still have some audio glitches (which may just be gain issues - still trying to resolve). Long story short it seems that there is a problem with the USB audio implementation on the Pre8 but no such issue on the AudioFuse Studio.
Ben

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines