April 25, 2024, 08:38:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why do I have to reload it - yet again?!?  (Read 3898 times)

dzy88p

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Why do I have to reload it - yet again?!?
« on: September 03, 2003, 03:54:54 pm »
This is the third or fourth time I've started MMV and it tells me I have to reload the CD-ROM.  It's very frustrating and I've never had this problem with any other software.

Fix this please.

rlainhart

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.otownmedia.com
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 10:21:21 pm »
The CD-ROM is the copy-protection key - you need the CD-ROM to verify the validity of your copy. While I'm not crazy about this form of copy protection (I'd rather have a dongle, which doesn't tie up your CD drive), it's better than having to authorize the software for a single computer. This way at least you can use the software on different systems, just not simultaneously. And the app doesn't ask for the CD every single time, either, unlike some other programs I know of.

dzy88p

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 07:11:53 pm »
The downside is that I have to carry the CD with me everywhere I go, because I never know when it's going to call for it.  So if the CD gets damaged, I'm out of luck?

I don't have any other software that is this inconvenient.

AlreadySickOfArturia

Yeah, what a pain in the ass
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 11:29:05 pm »
Yea, I lost my disk, and Arturia hasn't replied to my request for a replacement.  I'm running a pirate copy now, and I'm definitely just going to pirate all of their software from here on out.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines