March 29, 2024, 11:16:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Fl Studio 20 and Arturia Spark 2 - Setup Tutorial  (Read 5226 times)

Shadowhenge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Fl Studio 20 and Arturia Spark 2 - Setup Tutorial
« on: December 02, 2018, 06:00:29 am »
Hey all,

Was having issues setting up Spark 2 in FLS20 but finally got it all worked out. I made a youtube video on how to get it done.

It covers audio and midi routing, as well as how to set it up so you can use the FL Channel Rack (Step Seqeuncer) to trigger the pads in Spark. Super useful if you have a Fire or two and want to use FL's native sequencer to control it. Spark 2 has no midi routing capabilities beyond midi notes in on a single channel. You can get around this by utilizing 15 midi out plugins, each transposed to a different note on the same midi port. The step sequencer then works fine, just like if you had all of the sounds setup as wavs on their own channels. There's also some other info in the video. Hope it helps as I searched for 2 hours and could not find a decent guide to doing this online. I was almost going to not get Spark2 because of it, as I loved the collection of sounds and effects, particularly the vintage stuff, but I could not figure out the routing to separate channels.

As a side note... I bet this method would work with any plugin that utilizes midi notes for triggering sounds, opening the FL step sequencer to utilization in more VST's than we are currently using it for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivy0EAH1ADc

Astraios

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Fl Studio 20 and Arturia Spark 2 - Setup Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 02:14:38 am »
Hi,
I would like to watch your Spark2 YouTube clip, but I can't load it

Nice regards from Berlin

markuc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 01:37:20 pm »
Same by me, "private video"...

ajh101

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 09:17:00 pm »
Hi I would love it if this video could be made public, please?

TIA

doggercup

• phrazle
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 02:14:24 am »
If you arrange all of the sounds as wavs on separate channels, the step sequencer will function normally. The video also contains additional material. I spent two hours looking for a good internet tutorial but came up empty-handed. I really wanted to acquire Spark2 but was nearly put off by the fact that I couldn't figure out how to route sounds and effects to individual channels.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines