March 29, 2024, 10:32:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: PLAY, REC, STOP AS DEFAULT SHIFT MODE  (Read 645 times)

JOSEP GOMIS FRAU

PLAY, REC, STOP AS DEFAULT SHIFT MODE
« on: January 22, 2023, 05:51:49 pm »
Hi there,
I would like to know if there is any way to have the play, rec, stop options as default (not momentary shift press). This is a marvelous device aimed at making life easier for musicians. If I want to record a track with my guitar, it's much much better to press just one button because I have to hold the guitar fret with my other hand, instead of using two hands to press record and stop buttons.
Is there any way to change it? If not, could you add this possibility in the next firmware revision?
Thanks,
Pep

dvhmusic

• Apprentice
Re: PLAY, REC, STOP AS DEFAULT SHIFT MODE
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 05:59:06 pm »
+1 to this request (and I think it's also being asked for in another thread). Use the Hold button to provide a 'Shift Lock' perhaps?

NB. I have a wireless Apple keyboard and I have reverted to just having that on edge of the desk and pressing R to start recording (in Logic) and Space to stop. The ML3 transport controls are just a 'nice to have' ATM because of the need for the 2-handed operation. The additional kicker is that the ML3 transports only now works in Logic 10.7 and above. Whereas the transports in DAW mode on my Keylab Mk2 work fine inearlier Logic's. Whatever you were already doing wasn't broken Arturia, so why did you change it!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines