March 29, 2024, 03:14:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems staying connected  (Read 716 times)

strizbiz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Problems staying connected
« on: January 19, 2023, 11:31:52 pm »
Sooooo for some reason over the last few weeks my Keylab Essential 49 seems to disconnect from my Mac, or rather my Arturia stand alone software and Daws all of a sudden stop responding and I have to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in for it to work again. Its been working fine up until now since I bought it about a year ago. I haven't updated my Macs OS since buying it, Im running Big Sur 11.6.2.
I was seriously planning on upgrading to the Keylab 61 but Im definitely reconsidering it until I can find out what going on, Im not trying to spend that much money to have the same thing happen. Is anyone else having the same experience?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Problems staying connected
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 09:10:57 am »
What other USB devices are connected to your Mac? Does it lose connection with those?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

PaF666

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 09:24:39 pm »
I have the same problem. I play on concert and once or twice during the evening I have to unplugg and reconect USB. What is this? I have KeyLab Essential 49 for ONLY 14 days. Im really thinking about to putting it back to store.
Second USB port on my Mac OS is used for RME BabyFace 2.  I don't have any problems with USB ports.
Some solution? Thank you for answer.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 01:14:20 pm »
I doubt you have the same problem. Yours sounds more like it could be a faulty unit or faulty cable, seeing it's done it from presumably day 1. OP's had been working fine for a year.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

PaF666

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 05:40:59 pm »
Hi!
Yes, It was faulty unit. The next day, clickable center knob broke!  I exchanged it for higher model mkII. I love it's keys! Do you know, if it's made in the same factory in china? So far everything seems fine.
Thanx

cmb

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 07:18:17 pm »
Worrying. Mine is brand new and it does this: connect, disconnect... I'm thinking of taking it back to the store!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines