April 19, 2024, 11:06:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No option to install or uninstall individual synths in ASC  (Read 3392 times)

Chrisk-K

• Apprentice
No option to install or uninstall individual synths in ASC
« on: July 03, 2021, 10:35:05 pm »
ASC correctly shows all my Arturai software products are activated (VC8, VC7, Pigments, etc). When I click VC8, ASC shows all the instruments but there is no option to install or uninstall individual synths. The only option available is "Reinstall All." Not so long ago I was able to install/uninstall individual synths from ASC. What is going on? I'm using an M1 Mac. Interestingly, all the installed Arturia synths work fine.

LBH

Re: No option to install or uninstall individual synths in ASC
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 10:56:05 pm »
Hi,

You can unistall individual applications through ASC if you select the individual application first. There are reinstall and clean prefs options, if you click the arrow button.
Also you get an install button for each application you own, that's not installed.

I'm on Windows, but i assume you have the same options on a MAC. You can allways unistall the normal way you uninstall other applications. I think perhaps you need to move some files manually on a MAC. Not sure.

(Just in case someone seek this info: You can't deactivate a single product. But after a deactivating it's possible to Activate the products you wan't to activate.)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 11:00:33 pm by LBH »

Chrisk-K

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 11:38:50 pm »
I know. Not so long ago, I was able to do what you wrote. Now, ASC does NOT show an install / uninstall button for each application I have. The only option is "Reinstall All." Look at the screen image. ARP2600 is installed on my Mac but there is no uninstall button associated with it. B3 is not installed on my Mac but there is no individual install option. The same problem is happening with my other Arturia software products.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 11:40:23 pm by Chrisk-K »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 01:45:48 am »
In the image you post, you have not selected an individual application.
Click in example ARP2600 V3. Then a button and arrow key will show for that application. Does'nt it?

Chrisk-K

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 03:52:43 am »
In the image you post, you have not selected an individual application.
Click in example ARP2600 V3. Then a button and arrow key will show for that application. Does'nt it?

Clicking an individual application doesn't give me an install/uninstall option. For example, the B-3 is not installed on my Mac, and clicking it doesn't lead me to an install button. I've installed and unintalled VC7/VC8 instruments more than 20 times since the summer 2020. I currently have 13 VC8 instruments installed on my Mac. This weird problem just happened. I opened a support ticket.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 03:58:29 am by Chrisk-K »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 12:50:39 pm »
Yes it is strange about the INSTALL button is missing. The INSTALL button should actually be shown on the image you posted first as far as i recall.

Perhaps a reinstall of ASC would help.
But otherwise it's a suppport issue. So good you have opened a ticket.

Chrisk-K

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 12:08:43 am »
I reinstalled ASC and everything worked fine last night. Today, the same problem reappeared.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 12:46:04 am »
According to this: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/compatibility-with-macos-big-sur , then Arturias applications are'nt fully tested for M1. Perhaps that can be the issue/ a part of the issue. Support can tell.

Chrisk-K

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 07:49:12 am »
According to this: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/compatibility-with-macos-big-sur , then Arturias applications are'nt fully tested for M1. Perhaps that can be the issue/ a part of the issue. Support can tell.

ASC and all my Arturia instruments worked perfectly on my M1 Mac running Big Sur until recently. All my Arturia instruments still work perfectly. Suddenly, ASC decided not to work as intended. My guess is there is something wrong with one of Arturia's servers.

LBH

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 12:17:39 pm »
My guess is there is something wrong with one of Arturia's servers.
Perhaps.

EDIT: There is nothing wrong with update buttons here. And no server issues. EDIT
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 11:20:30 pm by LBH »

bigcharles

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 07:23:51 am »
This same issue still happens for me — exactly the same scenario as the OP. AND it's the same for both Collection 8 and Collection 9 — no Uninstall for individual instruments! Why has no solution been offered?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 07:32:09 am by bigcharles »
2021 M1-Max MBPro, 32 GB memory
macOS Monterey
Logic Pro 10.7.6

LBH

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 12:24:08 pm »
Hello,

Why has no solution been offered?
How can you tell that's not the case?

Have you tried the things mentioned in this thread? Have you contacted Arturia support?

bigcharles

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2023, 05:28:12 pm »
Thanks LBH. I did an extensive Google search — and also fully searched this forum. I know they were/are slow on M1 support, so... 

In any case, with Collection 8 I had never seen an 'individual instrument Uninstall' capability so I didn't know it was supposed to be a feature! Then I bought Col. 9, and now both collections are fully installed and are probably somewhat duplicative. Do you know if I can safely delete Col. 8 and still retain all instruments (via Col. 9) ?

I guess being a 35-year Mac veteran, I expected it to Just Work. ;)  Anyway, I will reach out to Support and thank you for your reply.
2021 M1-Max MBPro, 32 GB memory
macOS Monterey
Logic Pro 10.7.6

LBH

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2023, 05:50:25 pm »
I'm on Windows. But it should just work no matter you are on Windows or MAC.

Are you sure you know where to look for the button?
See the img i have attached. You should get that when you select a individual application.

There is no need to uninstall anything. The only applications you will have installed from VC8 is the ones that's not in VC9, and they can come in handy. If you for example uninstall a VC8 product, that also is in VC9, then you uninstall it for both VCs as it's the same application.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines