April 19, 2024, 12:43:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How can I record from Analog Lab V (avoiding a DAW)?  (Read 859 times)

jason1297

How can I record from Analog Lab V (avoiding a DAW)?
« on: January 16, 2023, 10:55:56 pm »
I have a minilab II and Analog Lab V but ideally would like to avoid recording in Logic Pro. Instead, I have a Tascam 8 track recorder I would like to record into. Once I have Analog Lab open on my Mac, what's the best way of getting the sound into my Tascam (except for recording straight from my speakers using the inbuilt mic)?

Before anyone asks, I avoid Logic because I find the range of options it offers overwhelming for my ability. If anyone knows how I can access Analog Lab as a plugin for Logic and just record like that avoiding Logic's built-in sounds, that is also something I'd consider.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: How can I record from Analog Lab V (avoiding a DAW)?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 09:49:44 am »
Headphone out from your computer into your Tascam, assuming it has a line-in.
You'd do yourself a huge favour by forgetting Logic and starting off with GarageBand.
Thousand and one tutorials on YouTube about how to get started, including how to use third-party plugins in it like Analog Lab.
Look through tutorials by Colin Cross the Band Guide, Patrick at The GarageBand Guide, and others.
EDIT: also a very good GarageBand (and Logic) resource that many people seem to forget to look at is the official Apple users-manuals, available online.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 12:28:06 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines