April 20, 2024, 08:47:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pitch bend wheel became "sticky"  (Read 587 times)

jamesm601

• Apprentice
Pitch bend wheel became "sticky"
« on: January 14, 2023, 06:37:28 pm »
I'm not sure exactly what I was doing at the time, but I was editing a patch and somehow caused the pitch bend wheel to stop snapping back and instead behave like the mod wheel, staying where it was left when I removed my finger. I don't see this as a feature in the manual, so figure it's a bug. Apologies if it is an option and I missed that in the manual.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Pitch bend wheel became "sticky"
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 11:20:23 am »
I've not heard about that happening. The pitch bend strip should always returns to the middle.

Could it be that one of the other mod strip modes, Macros or Seq/Arp, was accidentally activated?

jamesm601

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 04:18:40 pm »
Hi DrJustice. No, I cycled through the 3 modes several times and when I came back to the keyboard mode the pitch wheel continued to behave this way. I noticed it because the keyboard was suddenly wildly out of tune while I was playing because the wheel was slightly north of center. Very odd. I had to power cycle the synth to correct it.

Hasn't happened since, but I thought you guys should know.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 08:50:46 pm »
Ah, OK. The only other thing I can think of to cause something like it is a MIDI loop, apart from a bug of course. Anyway, this is the only report of this that I know of. Perhaps some freak occurrence (no pun intended) - let's hope it was the only one.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines