April 25, 2024, 09:04:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Camelot Pro etc. hosts don't know Arturia plugin presets  (Read 774 times)

NewNumbers

• Apprentice
Camelot Pro etc. hosts don't know Arturia plugin presets
« on: January 09, 2023, 04:42:14 am »
I'm working on getting Camelot Pro to work as my live rig controller including hosting plugins. I've got the V Collection and am generally thrilled with the instruments. Camelot Pro treats plugins as one possible type of Item; one or more Items constitute a Layer, one or more Layers constitute a Scene (a Scene is basically your rig's state at any given point in time, i.e., what controllers runs what instruments), and one or more Scenes constitute a Song. If I click on an Item that represents an Arturia plugin (in this case the Mellotron V), this dialog pops out from the right hand side of the window:

Instead of names of patches stored for the plugin, all you see is "ProgramChange1", "ProgramChange2", etc. The Layer seems to somehow know what patch the plugin was last set to within the app; that persists between closings and openings of Camelot Pro as far as I can tell.

I asked about this in a Camelot Pro page on Facebook and someone said Logic Pro behaves the exact same way and suggested it was an Arturia issue, not a Camelot Pro issue. The context of my question is that in the Scene display, Items in the Layer don't show the name of the current patch; instead it shows "Mellotron V":

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm rather new to all this so I don't have a lot of experience with a lot of different manufacturer's plugins or plugin hosts.

LBH

Re: Camelot Pro etc. hosts don't know Arturia plugin presets
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 07:23:11 pm »
Hello,

I know nothing about the Camelot software host.

But if the ProgramChange shall be understood litterally, then it look like Camelot select presets using Bank Select and ProgramChange messages. In that case you need to use Playlists in Arturias software.
A ProgramList can be selected by a Bank Select message and a preset in a Playlist with a ProgramChange message.'
All software with many presets in a browser have to have a Playlist, ProgramList or what it can be called to make ProgramChange to work with it.

If it's about this, then you have to learn about creating and using Playlists in the instrument software. The rest will be about the Camelot software.

To me it look like it's about this.

Good luck.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines