April 26, 2024, 07:56:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Screen focusing behavior  (Read 422 times)

johngredin

• Apprentice
Screen focusing behavior
« on: January 09, 2023, 04:24:49 am »
It would be so much more useful from a UX perspective if pressing osc/fx select button displayed their three encoders parameters (just like the filter select button does: you see the parameter values instantly).

Right now it sticks to "Osc 1" or "FX 1", which doesnt provide any useful information at all, especially since the selected slot can be seen from the LEDs and the osc/fx types are written anyway when you finally get to the encoder parameters view.

Long pressing the select buttons is quite a weird work-around to get there (and takes too much time!), and tweaking the knobs to see the values is quite error-prone in live performance.

Same thing could be done when pressing the tune knob. Right now, you have to turn the knob and detune the synth to see the value..., not super useful in a performance context  ;)

Matthieu_Arturia

• Administrator
Re: Screen focusing behavior
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 02:27:45 pm »
Hello johngredin
Have you tried the knob mode "Hook"? in Utility/Controls/Knob Catch.
It allows you to turn a parameter and not change the value until you reach the current value.
Very useful to see the parameters without changing them.
Hope that helps.
QA Technician

johngredin

• Apprentice
Re: Screen focusing behavior
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 05:57:59 pm »
Yes. I am already using the hook function for knob catch.

But this does not solve the case for the parameters using encoders, which is what I am referring to .

It would be so much more useful if pressing OSC 1 (and FX 1) instantly displayed this (and not with a long press) so we can see the values:

Instead of this displaying this:

(Also, I need to dust off my lovely minifreak  ;D)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 06:06:18 pm by johngredin »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines